There are many benefits of lecithin for the human body that unfortunately many of us don’t know about and which contribute to becoming healthier. It is a proven substance that is necessary for our body. The benefits of Lecithin are many, but to give you an idea, here are the top 10 benefits of this compound:
1. One of the great benefits of lecithin is that it helps break down cholesterol and fat in our body. The compound is therefore highly recommended for those who want to lose weight. Consuming more lecithin means an increase in the metabolic rate in the body.
2. The benefits of lecithin also apply to people suffering from memory loss. Lecithin uses vitamins A, E, K and D which promote better concentration and better memory. It is very beneficial for students and the elderly who wish to improve their memorization skills. In addition, those with Alzheimer’s disease or amnesia are advised to include it in their diet.
3. Lecithin also helps cleanse the kidneys and liver which is important for those with urinary tract infection and those who like to eat salty and spicy foods. It prevents certain diseases like gallstones and gallbladder infections.
4. It protects against heart disease. Lecithin lowers cholesterol levels and prevents toxins from clogging the arteries. People who include it in their diet have noticed a remarkable improvement in their cardiovascular health.
5. Another of its benefits that is worth mentioning is the role it plays in helping our body absorb essential nutrients and better support the movement of our bodily fluids in and out of cells.
6. It protects our spinal cord and brain cells from damage. We all know the importance and sensitivity of our spinal cord and brain and their crucial role in the entire functioning of our body. Lecithin can keep them in good working order.
7. Lecithin is also beneficial for our skin. If we take enough of it, it nourishes the skin and decreases the possibility of having skin problems like acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
8. The increase in its daily consumption increases your physical performance, it is very useful for those who do weight training, sports and people who are constantly on the move. It can boost the energy level of the body without making you fat.
9. If you have arthritis you will be surprised at the benefits of lecithin especially in helping you cope with this painful condition. It contains essential fatty acids that keep muscles, bones and joints strong and healthy.
10. It also offers benefits for pregnant women. Studies have shown that it contributes to the development of the fetal brain and nervous system.
The benefits of lecithin are many, but that doesn’t mean you have to consume a lot of it. Consuming too much lecithin can also lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and dizziness. The body normally only needs 30 to 50 grams of lecithin per day and you can get it by eating egg yolks, fish, and peanuts.